The State Music School “Todor Skalovski – Tetoec”
The State Music School Todor Skalovski – Tetoec is located in the city of Tetovo. It was founded in 1950. It was named by the famous Macedonian composer, chorus and symphony conductor Todor Skalovski. The School’s first name was Nizoo Music School. Spiro Grebenaroski was elected for the first headteacher of the school. Piano and solfeggio lectures were lead by Urbano Androli, violin by Ghani Yahya and Anani Popovski, and head teacher Spiro Grebenaroski. School teaching began in 01.05.1950.
In 1957/58 academic year started to work preparatory class, with 40 pupils teached by Tatiana Emilianova, a teacher of solfeggio and piano.
In 1962 the music school closed because of some misunderstandings. The lack of music school started to fill more and more in the city. After five years a group of citizens started the initiative about formed to reorganize music school and again start teaching. The organization’s problems continued. The school continues to operate on the upper floor of the Pioneer House building and remains there until 1980 when that time headteacher Andro Apostolski retired.
Images related with an initial school opening in the 1950 year.